Vernon County

Department of Human Services


About Us
Economic Support
Long Term Support Services
Family and Children's Services
Child Support
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Vernon County



Juvenile in Need of Protection or Services (JIPS)

JIPS includes habitual school truancy, runaway children, and children whose parents are requesting help stating that they are unable to provide necessary supervision and services (out of control child).  Truancy is referred by the school attendance officer and the other categories of JIPS cases are referred by parents and law enforcement.  Voluntary or court ordered services may result and they may include rules of conduct, individual/group/ or family counseling, AODA programs, community service work, and loss of driving privileges.  In rare cases where a child may be a danger to himself or others the court may find that a JIPS child requires placement out of the home for purposes of treatment and care.

For more information on Juvenile services provided contact:

318 Fairlane Drive, Suite 100
Viroqua, WI  54665